General Information and Liabilities
- Metta Charity Walk 2019 is organised by Metta Welfare Association and is referred to collectively as “The Organiser” in accordance with the Metta Charity Walk 2019’s Rules & Regulations.
- Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organiser to ensure the Participants’ safety, Participants walk at their own risk and the Organiser will not be responsible or held liable for any loss or damage, personal or otherwise, injury or death; howsoever arising during participation in the walk. Participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual event day.
- All participants are responsible for their own safety during the event. All participants must also observe traffic regulations and follow the directions of the traffic marshals.
- Participants must walk on the designated path for the entire route and observe traffic flow.
- The Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of Participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the Metta Charity Walk 2019, for any legitimate purpose, including advertising and distribution to sponsors and partners.
- The Organiser reserves the right to limit and/or refuse entries without giving any reason.
- The Organiser reserves the right to add and amend the rules and regulations without prior notification.
- In the event of inclement weather, the walk shall be delayed. However, should bad weather persist, The Organiser reserves the right to cancel the walk without any fee refund.
Registration / Payment
- Completion of the official Application Form, including online registration, confirms the Participant’s agreement to abide by the relevant rules and regulations.
- Once registration has been duly processed, there will be no fee refund for participants who do not eventually take part in the event for whatever reason.
- Participants below the age of 18 who are participating in the Charity Walk are required to seek parental/guardian’s consent and fill up the relevant indemnity declaration forms as deemed necessary by the Organiser upon registration. Failing which, the Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to any participant.
- Please note that no changes in T-shirt sizes will be entertained upon confirmation of application submission.
- Please wear the Charity Walk T-shirt or your ethnic diversity outfit for identification and redemption of your goodie bag at the end of the walk with the Goodie Bag Redemption Coupon. The coupon will be issued to you upon the collection of your Charity Walk T-shirt.
- The Goodie Bag Collection Counter is located at Level 2 of Metta School & Metta Building. If the queue is long, we encourage visiting the carnival stalls and returning at a later time to avoid a long waiting time. The Goodie Bag Collection Counter will be opened after the walk from 9.30am and till end of the carnival.
- Remain hydrated during the Charity Walk and help yourself to the drinks from our road marshals stationed at the water points along the route.
- Should you feel unwell, please inform the nearest first aiders or road marshal/s.
- As our climate is unpredictable, do bring along an umbrella in case of bad weather.
- Lastly, enjoy your day and have fun!
- Goodie bag redemption is good only on the day of Metta Charity Carnival 2019. Unclaimed goodie bags will be donated to our beneficiaries.
- Due to safety reasons, pets, bicycles, skate scooters, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed during the walk.