Changes to the Terms
- The Terms may be amended from time to time without prior or further notice to you. You waive any right you may have to receive specific notice of such changes or modifications. Your access and use of the Website or the Services after any amendment to the Terms will constitute your acceptance of the amended Terms. You should therefore check the Terms every time you access or use the Website or the Services.
Accessing the Website
- The Website or the Services may only be used by natural persons, companies or other legal entities who have the legal capacity to enter into legally binding contracts under the law applicable in their country of residence. By agreeing to the Terms, you represent that you are of legal age in your country of residence.
- All copyrights, trademarks, tradenames, logos, service marks and other intellectual property or proprietary rights in all information, text, sound, music, software, photographs, videos, graphics, data, messages, links or other materials (collectively, “the Content”) on the Website or which may be accessed through the Services are the property of METTA and/or third-party licensors, unless otherwise expressly stated by us. You may view and use the Content for personal and non-commercial purposes only.
- Unless we give our prior written consent:
- you may not reproduce, distribute, transmit, publish, display, broadcast, store, adapt, license, alter, hyperlink or otherwise use the Content in any manner or by any means;
- you may not insert a hyperlink to the Website (or any part thereof) on any other website or “mirror” or frame any Content contained on the Website on any other server or website;
- no license or right is granted to you, and your access to the Website and/or use of the Services, should not be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use the trademarks, tradenames, logos or service marks appearing on such websites; and
- you may not use any of the trademarks, tradenames, logos or service marks appearing on the Website as a hyperlink to any of the Website or any other website.
Limitation of Liability
- All Content contained in or accessed through the Website and/or the Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. You use them at your sole risk. We do not give any warranties, either express or implied, in relation to such Services and Content. Specifically, we do not warrant:
- the accuracy, reliability or quality of any Content obtained from the Website and/or the Services;
- that any defects in such Content will be corrected; and
- that such Content and access to them are error free and uninterrupted or available at all times.
- Except as set out in the Terms, we expressly exclude all other liability we may have to you, including all liability in contract, tort, negligence, misrepresentation, strict liability or statute. Under no circumstances shall we be liable for any:
- special, incidental, indirect, consequential or punitive damages, losses, costs or expenses; or
- lost profits, revenue, business or anticipated savings, loss data, loss of Content or loss of use,
even if such damages, losses, costs or expenses were caused wilfully, recklessly or negligently.
- We shall not be liable for any damages, losses, costs or expenses of any nature suffered by you or any third party resulting in whole or in part from the exercise of our rights under the Terms. By accessing the Website and using the Services, you agree to waive and hold us harmless from any claims relating to any action taken by us, including the conduct of an investigation, issuance of a warning, refusal, removal, modification or denial of access to Content, suspending or terminating the Services, or other appropriate action in relation to any suspected or alleged breach of the Terms.
- The Websites may include hyperlinks to websites which are owned or operated by third parties. Such third-party websites are not under our control. We do not accept responsibility for the Content of or the consequences of accessing any such third-party websites or any link contained in such websites. The hyperlinks found in the Website shall not be construed as an endorsement or verification of such third-party websites or the Content found in these third-party websites by us. You agree that your access to and/or use of such third-party websites is at your sole risk and subject to the terms and conditions of access and/or use of such third-party websites. We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third party’s policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to such third party.
- In your use of the Website or the Services, you must:
- be responsible for your use of the Website or the Services under your account(s) and for any Content disseminated through your account(s);
- not use or allow any part of the Website or the Services to be used in an unlawful way or in a way that could give rise to civil or criminal liability. This would include: –
- transmitting, posting, disseminating or soliciting any Content which may be misleading, defamatory, offensive, indecent, objectionable or illegal, or which may cause annoyance, harassment, irritation, inconvenience or anxiety to anyone, including junk/spam mail, solicitations, or distributing mail to any party who has not given permission to be included in the distribution;
- forging or issuing misleading message headers to mask the originator of the message or employing any other method to disguise or mislead anyone on the source or quantity of the emails transmitted;
- posting, disseminating, transmitting, posting, soliciting or storing Content that is pornographic or contains malware such as computer viruses, worms, trojan horses, time bombs, cancelbots or any other harmful, damaging or destructive programmes;
- illegally, or without appropriate authority, accessing any part of the Services or any third-party equipment, accounts, systems or networks to which you can connect through the Services (directly or indirectly), or doing anything as a precursor to such an attempt (including port, stealth, security or penetration scans or other illegitimate information gathering activity) on the servers of METTA;
- disrupting or undermining the security of the networks and systems connected to the Services or violating the rules and regulations of such networks. This can include failing to update software or accessing websites that are known to be vulnerable to malicious activity;
- collecting and/or disseminating information about others or their email addresses without their consent;
- violating anyone’s rights, including their intellectual property and privacy rights, or anyone’s uninterrupted use of the Services or any networks, for any fraudulent, illegal or improper purposes;
- reselling or providing any part or component of the Services, whether for profit or not, to third parties without our prior written consent;
- advertising, transmitting, facilitating or making any Content, product or service available that may breach the Terms;
- doing anything to generate excessive network traffic beyond what is normal and reasonable, cause congestion to the network, or cause any disruption, interference, interruption or degradation in the network or the Services; and
- doing anything, even if it is lawful, that we decide is harmful to our donors, beneficiaries, customers, operations, reputation, goodwill or customer relations.
- If any of the abovementioned restrictions are held by a court to be invalid for any reason but would be valid or effective if any part of its wording were deleted, you agree that the restriction shall apply to you with such deletions or amendments made so that it is valid and effective at law.
- Where appropriate, we use available technology to protect the security of communications made through the Website. However, we do not accept liability for the security, authenticity, integrity or confidentiality of any transactions and other communications made through the Website.
- By clicking on the “Submit”, “I Accept” or similar buttons, you indicate your acceptance and confirmation of your order(s) and information provided to us and you shall be liable for any payment, if any, incurred by you arising out of such order(s) or information.
- Your secrecy and security are important. The following describes the actions you must take to protect the security of the Services:
- please keep your login identification, passwords, PINs and other private information confidential. You are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your accounts, even without your consent or knowledge. If you use any login identification, password or PIN that METTA deems to be insecure, that would be a breach of the Terms;
- we may refuse, change or remove login identification, password(s) or PINs which we deem inappropriate or offensive;
- you must take immediate action to remedy the situation if you discover or suspect that there has been any unauthorised use of your login identification, password(s) and/or PIN or that your account security has been compromised, including by immediately informing us and changing your password(s) and/or PIN;
- you should change your password(s), PIN or any other security identification regularly for your security; and
- we are not responsible for the security of your account, and any equipment, network and systems you use to access the Services. We do not guarantee the security of any transmission you make.
Third party payment gateways
Modifications to the Services
- We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Services (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time. We shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Services.
Errors, Inaccuracies and Omissions
- Occasionally there may be information on the Website that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions. We reserve the right but have no obligation to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to amend or update any information at any time without prior notice.
- You must indemnify us, including our employees, members, committee members, trustees and agents, in full against all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, claims, costs, expenses, demands and actions resulting from your use of the Services, your negligence, omission, act or breach of the Terms.
- If any provision of the Terms is found to be illegal, void or unenforceable under any law that is applicable hereto or if any court of competent jurisdiction in a final decision so determines, the Terms shall continue in force save that such provision shall be deemed to be deleted.
- If we do not, or if we delay, the exercise or enforcement of any of our rights under the Terms, we shall not be considered to have waived our rights, and our right to fully exercise and enforce all our rights under the Terms shall not be affected.
- The Website is owned and operated by METTA in Singapore. METTA makes no representation that the Content is appropriate or available for use in your location. Those who choose to access the Website from any location do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- The Terms shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the Republic of Singapore. Any claim relating to the use of the Website or the Services shall be exclusively heard by the Singapore courts.
- In the event of any dispute arising out of or in connection with the Terms including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, the parties shall at first instance take reasonable efforts to settle and resolve such disputes in good faith and in an amicable manner by negotiation.
- If you have any queries regarding the Terms, please write to us via Feedback Form.